Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 03-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Copper

Default Platinum Emerald Ring

This was very challenging project . ..The Columbian emerald was $80,000 value and as everybody know emeralds are more than fragile almost like potato chip . On top of that ; the micro -setting of diamonds around that baby . --There was no way to move the metal ( platinum ) over by most common method .. by hammering .
It took few days to figure out how to deal with it .. i decide to set it from below after all the micro setting and bride cuts was done . In order to assembly all the parts of the ring together with the emerald already set ( from below) ,safely secured with precisely prepared tight fit wire frame , Then few tongs was raised by rounded point graver to secure the wire frame itself .
Practically there was no risk of breakage .
All the parts of the ring were equip with "snap on "guiding pins and holes . it works just like LEGO blocks .
After all the parts has been engraved with that perfect " snap on " i put it all together and laser weld the ends of the pins .
It could be assembly by riveting method but ..i peak the second choice , "laser welder "since i love this new thing in jewelry shop .. almost as i love Palmcontrol Air Graver.

All the best ,

Stan Jarmolowicz

Old 03-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Platinum Emerald Ring

Really cool work. . . . congrats
Old 03-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Platinum

That is one beautiful ring. the Lazar welder was defiantly the way to go. We are looking into buying one. which model do you have?
Thomas
Jefferson
Old 03-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Copper

I highly reccomend Rofin -basel LX which has 100 joules power . You rearly need that power, however the price diffrent betwen 100 joules and 80 joules model is so small that would be silly not to get the stronger one . When you work on silver , 24 K gold or tungsten , -those are the moments when you will appreciate that extra poewer .
Good buisness decission .. good luck . When you get good on laser you will find out that you generally cut at least 50% of time on any project in jewelry making . is like having employe .

Good luck .

Stan
Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Steel

That is breath taking. Beautiful workmanship and great engineering!
Old 11-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Steel

Beutifull Work and nice ring
thanks for sharing
Old 11-13-2019, 02:41 AM
Platinum

Hi Stan
That is one beautiful ring.It is going to make someone very happy.
SE