Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Copper

Default Engraving microscope?

Hi everybody, I am new to this forum, have been enjoying immensely everyone's willingness to share ideas and information with others. I am a spur maker from new Mexico. I have been using opti visors for years and am considering the purchase of a microscope. I know nothing about them and I am wondering what is a good scope. I have seen some by amscope on the Internet. They seem fairly reasonably priced. Has anyone got any advice on brand selection and price. I don't often need that much magnification making spurs of course, but I am also making jewelry and planning on cutting lots of guns and sometimes I need to work smaller than I can see. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks much!!!

Last edited by diamondgslash; 10-19-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Engraving microscope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgslash View Post
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum, have been enjoying immensely everyone's willingness to share ideas and information with others. I am a spur maker from new Mexico. I have been using opti visors for years and am considering the purchase of a microscope. I know nothing about them and I am wondering what is a good scope. I have seen some by amscope on the Internet. They seem fairly reasonably priced. Has anyone got any advice on brand selection and price. I don't often need that much magnification making spurs of course, but I am also making jewelry and planning on cutting lots of guns and sometimes I need to work smaller than I can see. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks much!!!
Hi,

Welcome to The Engraving Forum.
If you go to the top and do a "search" on' binocular microscopes ' or 'microscopes'
there are plenty of threads for reference ;

http://www.engravingforum.com/search...earchid=258476

and

http://www.engravingforum.com/search...earchid=258474

All the best
SE

Old 10-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Engraving microscope?

I purchased one of the amscope microscopes and I am quite satisfied with it.
You will need a .5 objective lens.
7X-45X Trinocular Stereo Microscope on Ball Bearing Boom Stand

Model SM-5T
you will need a good light, I purchased the 144 LED adjustable.
I'm having some troubles getting used to the scope with my tri focal glasses. Hope this helps will come on board