Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 05-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Steel

Default This is before i get Steves tools...

These are pics of the jewelry i have been engraving with a flat tool and a 6-8 bent liner for years without a scope and with a number 5 loop.. I cannot see
So what i cannot see i cannot draw and the list goes on..I was just wanting to post these before pics so that when i get Steves palm graver and sharpening templates i can see what the difference will be.. I also will need a microscope.. I am so excited about this i am shaking..LOL Words can not express the jubilation that i feel as i know in the next few weeks i will acutally be able to learn how to engrave the proper way.. Thanks again ..Please if anyone can give me some help i am all ears..SID.. I engraved the large jacob with my pc..I designed the letters on this one in corel 10 and now i need to redo them also.. I cannot wait for the dentist tool also for the hand nuggeting and finishes..

Old 05-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Platinum

Default Re: This is before i get Steves tools...

I don't know Sid - I think you already know how to 'engrave the proper way'.

But the new tools and the microscope should make your job a lot easier! :thumbsup: Especially the microscope since as you noted, it's hard to engrave what you can't see. I'm getting my microscope in a couple of weeks myself. :D

Looking forward to your reports from beyond the golden gates.

Steve :->
(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album
Old 05-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Platinum

Hi Sid your engraving looks really good to me. I can not wait to see what you will be doing with your new tools. Heck those tools even improved my engraving (I think)
Thomas
Jefferson
Old 05-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Steel

Thak u for giving me some needed confidence.. I Belive that in the next three months that i can acheive more with Steves tools than i did the last twenty.. Its so awesome when your tool glides along like butter and i threw my crocker away years ago and got cut up in the retail fast end of engraving.. Now its time to get back to the basics and relax and TRY and do the BEST i can at my trade. This trade has been very good to me and i will try my best to make it a honarable buisness and reputable as well. God Bless u guys and have a great weekend..Man i cannot wait for those tools and scope.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Platinum

Sid

I think 'relax' is going to be the key term. Oh sure, you'll probably be as giddy as a school girl when you first fire up you new goodies, but overall I think you'll find that you'll be able to fall into that zen-like 'zone' a lot easier.
You'll no longer be stuggling to see where your point is, or having to shove to get it to move, just gliding along omniscently.

(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album
Old 05-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Gold

cant wait to see what you will produce with your new tool..
your work is great...keep up the great work. looking for more of your work any day now
Old 05-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Platinum

Yeah Sid,

Get the new goodies yet or still tracking a package? I'm counting down the days to my class next week and the microscope I'm bringing home from it myself so I know the feeling.

(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album
Old 05-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Platinum

Wink Re: This is before i get Steves tools...

I can't imagine not haveing a microscope and a power tool. I know that I am spoiled and I try to get back to the basics but these tools make it so easy. I think that you will think you died and went to heaven when you start using your new tools. the best of luck and keep us posted on your new work.

Neil:yesnod:
Old 05-28-2008, 06:50 AM
Platinum

Neil

While I'm really looking forward to my microscope there are times when an OptiVisor (or other 'head mounted' magnifier) is easier to work with. The ability to move your head to a more favorable angle and still see can be great.

But no power?

And like I said, I'm really looking forward to my scope! :chrissy:

(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album