Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 01-27-2019, 03:20 PM
Platinum

Default first try bulino

this needs alot of work..........but it is the first one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1644.jpg (29.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-28-2019, 02:04 PM
Platinum

Default Re: first try bulino

nice shading papart1
Old 01-28-2019, 07:15 PM
Platinum

try shading different tones from very light to very dark, it will give a figure a natural look.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:51 AM
Platinum

Thanks Mr, Roger and Mr. Carl for you compliments and suggestions. Carl....the shading process is what I am working/learning...........ah this isn't as easy as it might first appear. Endeaver to perservere. My best regards. pap
Old 01-29-2019, 04:00 PM
Platinum

papart,Bulino engraving is working from light to dark with lines & dots with a hand push graver,no power. J.J.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:30 AM
Gold

I've learned bulino engraving by myself and never ever seen any bulino work in my life.

These are mentioned below which I have learned.

1- Learn picture drawing rules (perspective drawing, drawing from reference photo, drawing what you see, anatomy of the object what will you draw and many others) and practice pencil drawing.
2- Don't transfer whole picture. Transfer only the silhouette. It is difficult to work with whole transferred image under the mag. I usually transfer very little amount of the picture and I do the rest of it by see the reference photo.
3- Always keep graver in sharpest to ensure that all the dots and lines keep the same deep and thickness and use graver geometry of like Phil Coggan, Dario Cortini's.
4- Use magnification as microscope (3,5 – 22,5) or two or three loupes (10x , 6x, 3x) You can't realize the borders of where are you engraving if you continuously engraving under higher magnification and need to look at it often by lower mags. and naked eyes.
5- Engrave dots and lines only visible under magnification. Every single dot or line should not be visible or barely visible by naked eye. Use graver point to gently touch the metal and do not make deep dots or heavy deep lines thus your bulino engraving no need the sanding or inking after finish and view close to photorealistic by naked eye.
6- Watch pen and ink drawing close up photos and videos and learn pen and ink drawing techniques which consist of lines and dots. You will be learning the creating tone with cross hatching and stipple by this techniques which will be easily adapt to bulino engraving.