Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 10-29-2019, 09:00 AM
Copper

Default Hello from N CO new to engraving

Been a member for a while. I am finally getting my setup completed, took a class years ago (more than I want to admit) at CSU as part of an art class. At the time it was print making. I am an arist of 30+ years the focus was painting on silk a good number of years. My family is grown, gone now doing their own thing and the kids tell me, mom it's time you ventured into your dream of engraving. I'm practicing when I can and building what I can to get started again. Getting my gravers lined up, focused on learning sharpening, it's a task for certain. I tooled leather for years, love scroll work but, rusty at it now, it's coming along. I use an andriod tablet with Infinite Painter, it works well.
Nice to meet everyone here, learning from the collective wealth of knowldege.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:36 PM
Steel

Default Re: Hello from N CO new to engraving

Welcome,
i have been a lurker for many years, i posted a few times in the past but have not engraved for a while, but I am getting back into it... great to hear a kindred soul moving in the same direction. and this is such a fantastic resource ...

Dean In Alaska
Old 11-12-2019, 06:15 AM
Steel

Hello, I feel a little identified with your story, I trust that in a few sessions you will be happy with your prints.
Welcome.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:46 AM
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyart View Post
Been a member for a while. I am finally getting my setup completed, took a class years ago (more than I want to admit) at CSU as part of an art class. At the time it was print making. I am an arist of 30+ years the focus was painting on silk a good number of years. My family is grown, gone now doing their own thing and the kids tell me, mom it's time you ventured into your dream of engraving. I'm practicing when I can and building what I can to get started again. Getting my gravers lined up, focused on learning sharpening, it's a task for certain. I tooled leather for years, love scroll work but, rusty at it now, it's coming along. I use an andriod tablet with Infinite Painter, it works well.
Nice to meet everyone here, learning from the collective wealth of knowldege.
Hi Andy
Welcome To The Engraving Forum.
Looks like you are all set now.You will just swap the leather for metal to engrave.

All the best.
SE
Old 12-04-2019, 12:54 PM
Copper

Dean, Thank you. Oh yes it takes a bit to be brave enough to post. Sharpening without a budget to buy the right tools has left me gobsmacked. Saving up again, drawing more now with out good sharp tools while I wait. So impatient tho.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrafel View Post
Hello, I feel a little identified with your story, I trust that in a few sessions you will be happy with your prints.
Welcome.
Yes, I am slow getting started with my practices until I can get sharper- in so many ways. Thanks
Old 12-04-2019, 01:01 PM
Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEngraver View Post
Hi Andy
Welcome To The Engraving Forum.
Looks like you are all set now.You will just swap the leather for metal to engrave.

All the best.
SE
Thank you for the welcome, I've always wanted to be doing this. And