Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 05-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Copper

Default apprentice

hello i am a new memeber sort of i have had the account for quit a bit just been busy learning how to set stones and minor bench work but at this point i am close to being sent on my way to go find a store to apprentice at, my mentor as of right now is too busy and iam running out of money to keep my materials in stock so i need a job but i would rather work as a apprentice or even in a jewelery store as a polisher or just any thing to with the trade so i was hoping if there would be any one thats willing to apprentice me that lives in the silver spring or D.C. area or at least in the metropolitan area or if knows any store that is looking to apprentice or something to that effect . if not pointed in the direction of a school that teaches the trade some what close.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:25 AM
Platinum

Default Re: apprentice

Joseph, There is a jewelery school in Virgina,The name is the New Approch Jewelery School Virgina Beach,Va.master jeweler Blaine Lewis is the one to contact. Hope this helps. J.J.Roberts