Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 04-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Platinum

Default patent office short staffed and turning huge profit

I read in the paper today that the US Patent office takes in $150 to $230 million more in user fees than congress appropriates to it. Congress takes the surplus money and uses it for other spending leaving the patent office sorely underfunded and stymieing business investment into patents pending approval. It said it takes 3 to 5 years now to get a patent. During this time new job creating inventions are on hold waiting investors confidence in their exclusivity. The new Patent director supposedly has Obama's agreement on the need for immediate increase in funding. When I think of patents I always think of Steve Lindsay's great inventions.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Platinum

Send a message via Skype™ to leroytwohawks
Default Re: patent office short staffed and turning huge profit

I hope they get things together! At this rate by the time you get through the red-tape the ideas been stolen, copied in some 3rd world country sold around the world and becomes obsolete. And if it's computer based then the last part of that equation happens in a week

Kevin