Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 06-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Steel

Default My lovely wife

Two weeks ago my wife says we should go down to Jackson Hole Wyoming for dinner. Jackson isn't too far from where we're at so I thought "hell yeah!" We got a babysitter and headed down to jackson through Yellowsotne Park. When we got there she insited upon going into the bookstore there. I pay no mind to this request. She loves books and book stores. We walk into the book store and she ask the young lady behind the counter if the book she has ordered came in. I was thinkin "hmm, thats a little odd. Why did she order a book here?" We have two great bookstores in West Yellowstone. This bookstore must have something special. It was then that the young lady pulled out one of the best books. She hands to here Ron Smiths book of Advanced Scroll Drawing!!!!! WOW!!! I had no idea! I stayed up front with this new found treasure while she browsed the book store. The entire trip to Jackson was for her to present Rons' book to me! She had ordered the book several weeks prior to our dinner night. I had no idea!!! I've been drawing away with a new found structure of how to draw scrolls! I love it!!!
I love you Tracey!!!

And on another note. My son just got his indian name this past weekend. He and his mother are assiniboine. My wife is from the Fort Peck Res in nothereastern montana. We sat in a sweatlodge while an assiniboine elder prayed and sang songs for Lyrik(my son).. Lyriks name came to the elder in the fourth round after the second song. Circling Eagle Boy. To put this in perspective for ones that do not understand this way, it's like watching your son being baptized or christend. I am very proud of my son! He sat through the first 10minutes of the first round of the lodge. That is amazing!! We attended the pow wow that weekend as well. Beautiful experiances!

Thank you to my wife and to my son.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Platinum

Send a message via Skype™ to leroytwohawks
Default Re: My lovely wife

Great story, Great wife, and congratulations on your Sons naming and your new treasure, I miss doing sweat lodges but I still do around 6 pow wows each year.

Kevin
Old 06-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Platinum

Sounds like you're having a great time!

Soon you'll be able to show your lovely wife your appreciation by making her some nice jewelry.

Steve :->
(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album
Old 07-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Copper

turtle
great story thanks for sharing it .sounds to me like you have a very special family. i recieved my indian name a few years ago and know what a honor that is an what you and the family went through. i dont have ron's book yet but hope to get one soon. good luck an many blessing on you an your family.
blackbear ( roger barbee) alias hogshooter
Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Platinum

Cool Turtle! and congrats on having such a thoughtful wife. Jackson Hole is an incredible place. Much Indian heritage everywhere you look, and the tetons are majestic mountains.

Peter