Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,651. Welcome to our newest member, visualg
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!


Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Tutorials and Contests - Hand Engraving Forum > 2nd Tutorial Contest Submissions
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Kaitlin Kaitlin is offline
Platinum
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kearney, Nebraska
Posts: 213
Default 2nd Tutorial Contest $2100 in prizes

Hi folks--

Welcome! Because the first tutorial contest was so successful bringing informational content to the forum, let's try another. The rules are nearly identical, only the dates are different. I've italicized the few points that are new.


Contest Rules
Contestants should complete an original piece of engraving from start to finish, posting photos and comments illustrating that process. The more descriptive you can be in your pictures and writing, the better.

HOW TO ENTER: Just start a new thread in this forum with a descriptive title like "John's contest submission" and reply to it with subsequent work-in-progress photos and commentary. This is not a critique! Only the artist may reply to his or her own thread until winners are announced at the end of the contest.

PRIZES: There will be one winner in each of three categories: Most Improved Contestant, Most Informative Tutorial, and Most Outstanding Project.

1. Most Improved Contestant
In order to be eligible for this category, contestants must submit multiple tutorials. Submissions will be judged based on degree of improvement in design, difficulty, technique, and execution. Admins will have discretion to determine if an individual's first submission is not representative of their current ability level.

2. Most Informative Tutorial
The winner of this category will be the submission most informative and helpful from an educational standpoint. The focus of this category should be the clarity, completeness, and usefulness of the text and imagery for the instruction of other forum users.

3. Most Outstanding Project
This category is aimed at the submissions that most exemplify an outstanding engraving project. Although submissions should still include work-in-progress photos and description, the overriding factor of this category should be the originality, quality, and execution of the finished product.


Each contestant may only win one category, and all three winners will receive $700 towards a new Classic AirGraver, a Classic PalmControl or a PalmControl upgrade. Winners of previous contests are still eligible to enter and win subsequent contests. Keep posting!

JUDGES: Will be you, the members of the forum, voting in a poll when the submission phase is completed.

DEADLINES: The contest is open now! Photos of completed projects must be posted by midnight (central time) Friday, December 11th.

OTHER NOTES: *All submission threads are subject to the EngravingForum.com Rules & Policies. duh.
*Multiple submissions are allowed and encouraged! Only engravers posting two or more submissions can win the "Most Improved" category. Completed submissions from the previous forum contest count towards the multi-submission requirement of Most Improved.
*There are no requirements for the canvas you choose to engrave on. Keep in mind that our judges are only human and may take that choice into consideration when judging the "Most Improved" and "Most Outstanding" categories, however.
*Although other users may not reply to submission threads here, I will re-post submission threads for comments, help, critiques, heckling, etc. on the general discussion forums. If you would prefer not to have your submission re-posted, please contact me either by replying to this thread, on the submission itself, or through private message.
*All projects submitted must be started after the beginning of the contest and ended before midnight (central time) December 11.
*These rules aren't set in stone! If you have a question, comment, or suggestion, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer. Or go pester Dad until he answers. Whichever seems more efficient


Kaitlin
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Kaitlin Kaitlin is offline
Platinum
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kearney, Nebraska
Posts: 213
Default Re: 2nd Tutorial Contest $2100 in prizes

Hi guys,

Dad's concerned that the revised points regarding this new contest aren't clear enough, so let me pull them out here away from the wall o' text above :D

Some clarification for contestants of the first contest:
Quote:
Completed submissions from the previous forum contest count towards the multi-submission requirement of Most Improved.
Quote:
Winners of previous contests are still eligible to enter and win subsequent contests. Keep posting!
Also, added some polish to the category descriptions:
Quote:
1. Most Improved Contestant
In order to be eligible for this category, contestants must submit multiple tutorials. Submissions will be judged based on degree of improvement in design, difficulty, technique, and execution. Admins will have discretion to determine if an individual's first submission is not representative of their current ability level.

2. Most Informative Tutorial
The winner of this category will be the submission most informative and helpful from an educational standpoint. The focus of this category should be the clarity, completeness, and usefulness of the text and imagery for the instruction of other forum users.

3. Most Outstanding Project
This category is aimed at the submissions that most exemplify an outstanding engraving project. Although submissions should still include work-in-progress photos and description, the overriding factor of this category should be the originality, quality, and execution of the finished product.
All the other rules are identical to last time. As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Kaitlin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Conduct
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.