View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 12:46 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Long Time Lurker...

Lee, I would like to see more of your work, very impressive. With your artistic talent you should have no problem with design and detail. Using the tools you now have and adding a few that would help make it easier to convey your concepts into reality will be exciting. Steve makes extremely well designed tools that should last lifetimes. Don't get hung up on getting every tool available, you can get by with a few essentials and as you improve with that tool, you can add another if it will help you achieve your goal. Tools are just that, tools. It is the work you put into it that will make it yours. By push, power, or hammer, you will have to decide. Good sharpening templates for consistently, good quality gravers to sharpen, something to magnify, good lighting, something to hold your work solid. Patience and perseverance. Many a person has achieved fantastic work with meager tools, but that can also add to the frustration of accomplishment. Small successes will keep you wanting more. You already are successful in what you have accomplished. Keep up the good work. You are in the right place to find people who truly care about what they do. I am a 1 1/2 years in and this is the place I go to for inspiration and knowledge.
roger from Oz