Default Re: survey

Name: Brian Hochstrat
Nicknames:
Hometown:Midvale, Id.
Pets: 2 saddle horses 3 bucking horses and 1 dog
Family members: The usual, Mom Dad brother
Significant other: As of June a wife, Kalyn
Fave music or bands: Johnny Cash, Waylan Jennings, Godsmack, Static-X
Favorite movies of all time: The Rounders w/ Henry Fonda and The Roping Fool with Will Rogers.
Book that changed your life: It sounds stupid but the Rio Grande cataloge, the reason: I had just began to engrave and only was interested in doing western silver for my saddle business, until I seen Sam Alfanos work in the catalog, I had to learn how to engrave like that and the persuit of that has taken me on a whole different path than I had imagined when I first started a little over 2 yrs ago.
Greatest childhood memory: The day I won my first buckle in the steer riding, I was 12
Worst day of your life: I would say in 2003 when I broke my leg getting off my saddle bronc at the Livermore Rodeo. I was convinced until then I was pretty invincable and would never take the ambulance ride out of the arena. I was wrong!
Fave color:
Occupation: my day is divided in thirds I shoe horses until about 10-11, build saddles until about 3-4, then engrave the rest of the evening, unless I get backed up on something I then adjust accordingly
Military service:
Dream job: When I finally quite shoeing horses I will have it.
Do you play any musical instruments: The Radio
Interests or hobbies: I ride Saddle Broncs in the PRCA
Fave author ever: Will James, he wrote cowboy books
Best class you ever took (and why): When I went down to louisiana to study with Sam Alfano, it took decades off my learning time.
Best place to vacation:Whats a vacation? I would like to visit Brescia Italy and hunt Alaska.
Quote to live by: "You get out what you put in" and "What comes around goes around",