View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Tutorial Contest ~ $1500 in prizes ~ Welcome

Quote:
Kaitlin, What are you studying in college? Be careful, your Dad may hire you as business manager! Then you will never escape us!!
oh noes! There's no escape! :O

My major is a mouthful-- Biological/Pre-Medical Illustration, bpmi for short. I want to be a medical illustrator someday, draw pictures of body parts for doctor's textbooks and medical reports, that sort of thing. It takes a special certification and a couple years in med school.

Quote:
I personally would like to make an attempt at the 'Most Improved' category.
Sounds great, Gene. Remember that you don't have to choose to compete in one category or another, though; everybody's automatically eligible for all three.

Quote:
Since this forum is dedicated to Lindsay tools and the engraving accomplished with them I would think that the contest should evolve around a project or projects accomplished specifically with Lindsay Engraving equipment.
You're onto something here, Steve E.
I don't think it's necessary to have a specific rule about this, however.... it'd be tough to enforce when all we've got to go by are pictures of the engraving, not the tool used. Just be sure to follow the forum policies and it'll be fine. I imagine the judges may be swayed by photos that happen to show Lindsay equipment, however.

Quote:
I would add that the final submission be a "salable item" with a market value sufficient to warrent the prize. IE no practice plates or low end items.
The judges may take the value of the item into account while choosing winners, so this is another solid tip for folks looking to win Most Outstanding. In the interest of the beginners, however, there are no requirements for what canvas one chooses to engrave on.

Quote:
The documentation process should be complete, Both verbally and image wise
Absolutely! I envision the best submissions to also be the most complete and organized.

It looks like the general consensus at this point is to extend the contest deadline past 6 weeks. Let's give it at least the rest of the weekend to fish for some more opinions before deciding between 8 and 10.