View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Tutorial Contest ~ $1500 in prizes ~ Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD
Might I suggest that for 'Most Improved' your first submission can be something you've recently done, rather than requiring you to start a new project just for your 'baseline'?

I'd also vote for allowing 'related' tutorials, including say, business issues (working eBay, setting prices), photography, fixtures, all those handy things.
I would rather see the deadline extended than to allow "pre existing work" to be a factor. My thought is to see some of the very beginners show us where they are, and see how far they can go in a short time. Also, a more experienced engraver can show their current baseline, and push themselves over the next month and a half to reach a new plataeu. That is a way to win this category also. If someone starts with a beginner type bulino skill set, and really kicks it up several nothces during the contest, that would be great!

As far as other topics for the tutorials, My opinion is that it should involve some cutting or chasing or something related to the use of Steve's tools.

Kaitlin, Welcome aboard!

Glad my ramblings could help.

take care,

Tom