Thread: New To Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Copper

Default Re: New To Forum

Thanks Steve for the welcome... I will look into getting that material to read soon as I can move about better. I have done leather work for many years as a hobby and done scroll work on leather over the years, so I know to some extent the demand for it and the time that goes into it. I know metal vs. leather is a lot different and the techniques are probably as different as day and night, but I figure it is kind of a starting point of having dealt with some scroll work as far as the design of scroll goes.

I just find the art of engraving very interesting. I have searched the internet and watched many of the media files of some of the folks demonstrating their work over and over, including Steve Lindsay's demonstrations and I could literally watch him work for hours and hours on end. I am very intrigued with it and want to learn the art so badly I can almost taste it. I just have to get better first so I can physically tackle it as it deserves to be done. Right now under doctors orders I am limited to sitting for only 10 to 15 minutes and standing for no more than 20 minutes and that is to attempt to walk for 20 minutes per day. I'm hoping once the surgery recuperation and physical therapy is over with later in the year I will be able to set my goals and purchase some equipment and start putting it all together. I know it will take some time, but I'm having to literally start my career life over at 39 yrs old. I may as well do something I love from now on. I've always heard the saying... "If you do something you love you will never work another day of your life" I believe in that saying and hopefully I one day I will be able to live it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I look forward to seeing your work and many others in the future~!

Buster

Last edited by Buster_K; 01-12-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Grammer errors