Thread: thoughts
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Platinum

Default Re: thoughts

Wha a great thread! Here is my questions, please don't mind if I have missed any thing that you have already post in your previous post as my English is not good

1. I am very new to engraving and I am starting to know more who is Narskim or Churchchill (sorry really very difficult for me to remember the name, please forgive me) and know they affecting the
the whole engraving trend in the USA, how about in Europe like French, Italy, Austria, Belgium? An engraver or a gun manufacturer in different period? The trend is the engraver's style, or the factory pattern style, the art trend in the fine art field has any affecting those popular "trend" or "style"? Are these style or trend affecting each other from country to country?

2. From you photo I found one wooden handle with very beautiful silver inlay (is this term correct?) Is this also call engaving? I try to search some more information about this technique but fail, can you give me some hints so I can dig it out.

More question is coming, I am so greedy
The Lindsay's tool is very attractive, I love it so much when the first time I hold it in my hand........

Thanks again for the information of the wonderful books.
Zernike