View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 12:30 AM
Gold

Default Re: first try bulino

I've learned bulino engraving by myself and never ever seen any bulino work in my life.

These are mentioned below which I have learned.

1- Learn picture drawing rules (perspective drawing, drawing from reference photo, drawing what you see, anatomy of the object what will you draw and many others) and practice pencil drawing.
2- Don't transfer whole picture. Transfer only the silhouette. It is difficult to work with whole transferred image under the mag. I usually transfer very little amount of the picture and I do the rest of it by see the reference photo.
3- Always keep graver in sharpest to ensure that all the dots and lines keep the same deep and thickness and use graver geometry of like Phil Coggan, Dario Cortini's.
4- Use magnification as microscope (3,5 – 22,5) or two or three loupes (10x , 6x, 3x) You can't realize the borders of where are you engraving if you continuously engraving under higher magnification and need to look at it often by lower mags. and naked eyes.
5- Engrave dots and lines only visible under magnification. Every single dot or line should not be visible or barely visible by naked eye. Use graver point to gently touch the metal and do not make deep dots or heavy deep lines thus your bulino engraving no need the sanding or inking after finish and view close to photorealistic by naked eye.
6- Watch pen and ink drawing close up photos and videos and learn pen and ink drawing techniques which consist of lines and dots. You will be learning the creating tone with cross hatching and stipple by this techniques which will be easily adapt to bulino engraving.