View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Platinum

Default Re: looking for a demo on nitro g20 in chicago area. DYING to try my hand at this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keber View Post
Thanks a bunch for the reply SE! I had a chance to speak briefly with Steve. He informed me the he feels the airgraver classic with an optional deadblow piston will virtually give me the same results with the added benifit of being able to swap back to the standard pistion for detail work. If anyone can post a link to a starter package with everything I need it would be great! I guess the package would consist of an airgraver classic with an additional deadblow piston, a foot control, a array of chisels, and sharpening kit with templates and honing stones. I believe everything in my list is everything I need to start engraving... I think! Lol!! If ya guys see anything I missed lemme know please. Thanks in advance for the kit link to whomever can scrounge it up for me I already have a proper vise and aircompressor
HI Keber,

I find Steves L advise always sound.

On the Tools page, this set, at this link ;

http://www.airgraver.com/Hand_Engrav...graving%20Sets

Foot Control Classic or NitroG20™ engraving set w/ sharpener

Choose the Classic hand piece and when you get the set you are ready to engrave and learn to engrave.All that you need to start engraving is there.

I will advise a starters class of 3 -5 days at an engraver near you if you can get one .It makes the start and learning curve a lot easier.Other wise just ask on the forum.

SE