View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Platinum

Default Thanks, Steve (PalmControl)

I recently posted on another forum about trying a handpiece similar to Steve's PalmGraver and made the comment that, due to economics, I would probably invest a little more money into the other system because I already have most of their equipment and just didn't have the necessary funds to purchase the PalmGraver outright and then sell my other stuff. Well, lo and behold, I get a call from Mr Lindsey himself and he offered to send one of his PalmGravers to try out and see how I liked it. I was floored that he would make this offer to a non-professional engraver (though a serious hobbiest), and was totally amazed when the device arrived the next day! After studying it and reading the instructions over several times, I hooked it up and started practicing on some spare plates I had lying around, adjusting the controls and just playing with it to familiarize myself with how it acted and reacted to my input. The only adjustment I made to his factory settings was to increase the "resistance" a little to the palm control. Let me tell you, this thing is "SWEET" and easy to get used to. After about a half-hour cutting circles and lines, I was ready to tackle something more substantial, and started cutting a pretty detailed scroll on another practice plate, and within a few minutes, I was moving along about as naturally as I could. I was concentrating on my cutting and completely forgot about tool manipulation or applied hand pressure. It was so natural that I forgot to actually apply pressure to the handle, it just followed my natural input and sped up and slowed down at will. My foot even quit twitching! I have never felt like this when engraving before and I like it. Steve has called me several times to see how I was doing and see if I had any questions about the PalmGraver and spent as much time as necessary with me. I know Steve is a busy man and has little time to waste, but he made me feel like family and I really appreciate it. His tool is a precision piece of engineering and does exactly what it is intended to do with very little effort. I am amazed and beholding to him for allowing me the opportunity to work with his equipment. I feel my engraving will improve tremendously because my efforts can now be channeled into the project with no unnecessary coordinating of hand-eye-foot mechanics. Thank you Steve. Without giving you a big head, I owe you lots.

Bill Moody