View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 06:18 AM
Copper

Default My latest engraving with my new palm control unit

Hello all, this is my first post on the forum. I’ve been on here for a while but have just focused on learning from others posts instead of making my own
I’ll give a little background on my engraving journey so far

I started engraving about 8 months ago with hammer and chisel. then a couple months in I machined a Rick Alexander handpiece with my grandfather. That was the last project him and I did together before he passed away this past January so that handpiece will always have a place in my drawer. I used the homemade machine for a while until I finally bit the bullet and ordered a palm control and a microscope. I’ve been using the palm control since May and I absolutely love it. It works so well with my hand and I can focus on the techniques of engraving now instead of being so concerned with how the machine is running

This picture is one of the first coins I did with the Microscope and palm control(June 10) beside one I did yesterday (June 16). Left on is A US large cent with no date and the one on the right is a 1838 US large cent.
I am always looking for ways to improve and would love to hear what you all think

Thanks for having me on the forum. I have learned so much and found a ton of inspiration on here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13ADD121-EBC0-46D0-9E8B-EC962209A2CD.jpg (76.4 KB, 0 views)