Thread: Sugar Skull
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 04:11 AM
Platinum

Default Sugar Skull

Sculpting is SO not my thing.. but i did find after a half hour, engraving and driving a tablet pen are actually distant cousins, I "could" develop the skill i suppose, but I don't have clients for this outlandish type of stuff..

anyways..

90% of the base is all tslines models from the Matrix library, slapped together with SPLOP over a drape.

projected a curve, some gems and beads then off to 3dcoat..

no special settings, just import, pick up pen and GO..

all up i estimate 40 to 45 minutes work.. but dont quote me, I was trying to record and kept crashing rhino so would need to restart recording.. eventually gave up.. If i do another i will setup as tripod.. 3dcoat EATS ram..

The BIGGEST advantage to doing this in 3dCoat imo so far has been that you dont constantly need to remesh the damn thing.. voxels truly are a completely different beast, chalk and cheese to emulated voxels that other sculpting apps I have tried offer.. but you pay for it in CPU cycles..

I was going for "Crown and Brains" but my brains look a tad very Acanthus scroll.. wonder which recent skill I learned that I stole that from..

Most human beings only think they want freedom. In truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, materialism, the only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to become comfortable. - (Sons of Anarchy)