Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Lindsay AirGraver Info - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Platinum

Default Thanks, Steve (PalmControl)

I recently posted on another forum about trying a handpiece similar to Steve's PalmGraver and made the comment that, due to economics, I would probably invest a little more money into the other system because I already have most of their equipment and just didn't have the necessary funds to purchase the PalmGraver outright and then sell my other stuff. Well, lo and behold, I get a call from Mr Lindsey himself and he offered to send one of his PalmGravers to try out and see how I liked it. I was floored that he would make this offer to a non-professional engraver (though a serious hobbiest), and was totally amazed when the device arrived the next day! After studying it and reading the instructions over several times, I hooked it up and started practicing on some spare plates I had lying around, adjusting the controls and just playing with it to familiarize myself with how it acted and reacted to my input. The only adjustment I made to his factory settings was to increase the "resistance" a little to the palm control. Let me tell you, this thing is "SWEET" and easy to get used to. After about a half-hour cutting circles and lines, I was ready to tackle something more substantial, and started cutting a pretty detailed scroll on another practice plate, and within a few minutes, I was moving along about as naturally as I could. I was concentrating on my cutting and completely forgot about tool manipulation or applied hand pressure. It was so natural that I forgot to actually apply pressure to the handle, it just followed my natural input and sped up and slowed down at will. My foot even quit twitching! I have never felt like this when engraving before and I like it. Steve has called me several times to see how I was doing and see if I had any questions about the PalmGraver and spent as much time as necessary with me. I know Steve is a busy man and has little time to waste, but he made me feel like family and I really appreciate it. His tool is a precision piece of engineering and does exactly what it is intended to do with very little effort. I am amazed and beholding to him for allowing me the opportunity to work with his equipment. I feel my engraving will improve tremendously because my efforts can now be channeled into the project with no unnecessary coordinating of hand-eye-foot mechanics. Thank you Steve. Without giving you a big head, I owe you lots.

Bill Moody
Old 08-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Thanks, Steve

Bill,
It's good to see that you have found out what we where have known for years.
Steve is more then just a guy that sells his tools, he is honestly conserned with making the customer happy and providing the best tools on the market.
He succeeds every day doing just that.
I was told when I was looking at tools, "Steve Lindsay makes the tools that the Master Engraver's worldwide put their money down to buy, other makers have to give thier tools away to be able to say that the "Masters" use them, why would you settle for anything less?"
I now own two AirGravers, the large and small bore Classic models and the Palm Control Handle. I wouldn't trade or sell either if both my arms fell off, I really enjoy engraving with these tools.
I used to deal with all kinds of salesman for 25 years, Steve doesn't fall into that catagory, he has become a good friend.

Tim C

Last edited by Tim C; 08-06-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Thanks, Steve

Hi Bill,

Thank you, I am glad you are enjoying the tool!

Thank you too Tim!

Steve
PS.. Bill, I sent a tungsten piston by first class mail so you can try it too.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Thanks, Steve (PalmControl)

Gail, the PalmControl sure makes engraving much easier when you have foot problems. I blew my knee out several weeks ago and it really hurt after a couple hours "pressing the pedal". Now I don't need to use my legs at all except to get up occassionlly to rest the laurels! I think you'll find it will help you.

Steve, I received the tungsten piston and have tried it. It sure can dig when you want it to. As I told you before, most of my work is not very heavy, but I can see where having the extra oomph would come in handy at times. Thanks again and I am enjoying the PalmControl more and more.