Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 09-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Platinum

Default Excerpts from my Resume

Barry Lee Hands Engraving . Bigfork MT 59911

Barry Lee Hands

Qualifications:
First employed as an Engraver in 1977 at the age of seventeen years, I am qualified with all Engraving techniques including Push Gravers, Hammer and Chisel, Bulino, Gold Inlay, Etching and airtools. I can engrave any design, in any style, in an expedient manner.
I have been contracted on numerous occasions to teach the Art of Engraving, and have a broad range of contacts in Custom, Production, Commercial and Industrial Engraving Industries in the USA, Italy, England, Asia and Mexico.

History:
1991 to present, Owner, Barry Lee Hands Fine Firearms and Engraving
We have provided full service custom engraving and training to many clients including, but not limited to, Trevallion Gunstocks, Dakota Arms, John Wilkes and Company, The Colt Custom shop, The Winchester Custom shop, C. Sharps Arms Co, Ithaca Gun Company, Dupont Kguns, and John Rigby and Co. I hold professional status in the firearms engravers guild of America and am a regular member of the Gunmakers Guild. I was chosen to engrave the American Custom Gunmakers Guild project firearm number thirteen. I am a moderator of the online forum www.engravingforum.com

2003 to2005, Factory Trade Show Rep and Instructor, GRS Corporation
GRS was the world’s premier manufacturer of hand engraving equipment. I demonstrated product at worldwide trade shows, in addition to teaching classes at their facility in Emporia Kansas.

!993 to 2001, Vendor to the Colt Custom Shop of Journeyman, Expert and Master engraved Single Action Army's.

1987 to 1988, Engraver, Treasure State Foundry
Hired by Steve Huff, A Belgian trained Engraver, to work with Dan Goodwin, A former Colt Custom Shop Master Engraver, to use my skills manufacturing Custom Belt Buckles. I was trained with Hammer and Chisel at this time.

1977 to 1981, Engraver, Gist Engravers, Silver State Silver and Yolo Silver.
Bright cut western engraving, some of my work from this period was in the Rodeo Cowboy Hall Of Fame. Hugh Weaver was a student of mine at that time.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:13 AM
Copper

Default Re: Excerpts from my Resume

well... I'll dig up this thread from the grave to welcome you....
With over 1,000 posts you should be welcomed by now....

Welcome. I hope you have enjoyed your stay, and continue to enjoy it!