Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,738. Welcome to our newest member, nephilim
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 10-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Steel

Default Arm From Durban

Hi Everyone
My name is abdur-Rasheed Mahomedy, married with 4 children and 8 Grandchildren. We live in PARLOCK, a suburb of DURBAN, KZN, SOUTH AFRICA.I am an Accounts Executive, full time. In the old days they called us BOOKKEEPERS. Have been making Knives part-time, Stock removal method, for the past 16 Years and am a voting member of THE KNIFEMAKERS GUILD OF SOUTH AFRICA.www.kgsa.co.za
My eldest son HARM is also a Knifemaker and he is the only full-time maker in Durban. Our shop/studio is operated from Home and we have indeed been Blessed with good, functional equipment currently available. We have our own web site, designed by my other son who is into IT and Graphic design, where we regularly sell Knives from. We are aware that quite a few of U kind Folks are also avid and proficient Knifemakers. U are most welcome to view our humble efforts on www.arm-koknives@mweb.co.za.
Over the past numerous years we have truely admired the excellent and brilliantly artistic work of numerous talented Members who so willingly contribute on this FORUM. Without singling out any particular member, we can assuredly say U are indeed a very dedicated group and we hope that in time, U will be happy to say that we have atleast learnt some thing from yourselves, if not just by association.
It was on the suggestion of our compatriot and friend, JACQUES HERBST, that we made this big move to join Your elite group. We are also aware that another co-Guild member, CHRIS BOOYSEN, is also a regular contributor. He will be surprised at our entrance, having not had time to discuss this with him.
We must kindly request that U bear with our ignorance in matters Engraving.
However, we give U our solemn undertaking that we will make every effort to dedicate ourselves sincerely to progress and improve our work.
PEACE be upon U all.
ARM
Old 10-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Platinum

Send a message via Yahoo to mtgraver
Default Re: Arm From Durban

Welcome ARM,
I tried to check out your website and it wasn't to be found. Can you verify your address, I'd love to view the work you're producing in SA.
Best wishes on a new venture of learning.
Mark
www.MarkThomas-graver.com
Old 10-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Steel

MTGRAVER
hi and thanks for the welcome. We need it !!
Does the MT stand for "most talented" ???
After 15 Years in the business, U would be.
We are chuffed (pleased ) that U atleast tried to look up our site.
The site address is www.arm-koknives@mweb.co.za
If U still can't open up the site then we suggest U use the link direct from our profile. That way U just can't miss a beat !!! We tested that and it works from there perfectly.
I have heard of the SHENANDOAH VALLEY......some where ???
Where is it exactly ???
U are in the States ???
Do send us a pic or 2 to eyeball Your work and learn therefrom.
Thanks in anticipation.
Kindest regards and take care.
ARM
Old 10-27-2008, 05:20 AM
Gold

Welcome ARM!
I was able to get to your site at this address:
http://www.arm-koknives.co.za/

You have some really nice knifes!
I especially liked the engraving and scrimshaw on the knives in the Collector Grade gallery. Do you do your own engraving?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Gold

Welcome Arm: Your shop is Great but where is the dirt. I think could have my eggs in the morning off of the floor. Look forward to seeing more of your work. Jack
Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 AM
Steel

[I was able to get to your site at this address:
You have some really nice knifes!
I especially liked the engraving and scrimshaw on the knives in the Collector Grade gallery. Do you do your own engraving?[/QUOTE]
Hi
Thanks for looking up our site. We are honoured.
No. The Knives have not been engraved by us. We have had our work done by ARMIN WINKLER Esq and Ms ELKE HENLEY ( nee SCHOENERT ) Both Austrians now settled in our country. However, some of the original ideas and designs were submitted by ourselves. Their work is indeed very good.
Do Your initials stand for "DOUBLE TROUBLE" ???
Kindest Regards and
Take Care
ARM
Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack
Welcome Arm: Your shop is Great but where is the dirt. I think could have my eggs in the morning off of the floor. Look forward to seeing more of your work. Jack
"MASTER JACK"
U honour us by a visit to our site. Thank U kindly.
Near the Disc Grinder Table is this Huge EXTRACTION SYSTEM which pulls out most of the Grinding dust etc. Took us a long time before we installed it.
But we still have lots of dust which really riles me. U just can't see it 'cos Grandson may just have vacuumed the floor before the pics. Heck Man, U must see STEVE's Shop or BOB TERZUOLA's if U really want to eat off the floor :yesnod: :yesnod: Ours is still dusty.
Thanks a stack for the Warm welcome. It's been appreciated.
Kindest regards
ARM
Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM
Do Your initials stand for "DOUBLE TROUBLE" ???
Yes, I'm a big SRV fan and the nickname kinda stuck to me a while back. Not sure why, since I'm such a lovable guy?!