Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 01-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Steel

Default Browning 1910 pistol help!!!

Hi for all. Im planing to engrave a Browning 1910 pistol, but I cant get some good picture reference of some of these gun engraved.
Im looking for some picture of custom or factory engravings, or some site containing such pictures.
I post a sample (bad quality) of the gun.
Any help wellcome.
Thanks in advance. Alberto.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fn1955-m.jpg (54.0 KB, 292 views)
Old 01-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Browning 1910 pistol help!!!

Sorry I cant help you with references but that is an awesome gun. Is the one you're doing two tone like that one too? What is the metal color there, brass or gold plate?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Platinum

The following book is dedicated to FN Browning pistols.

"The Belgian Browning Pistols" by Anthony Vanderlinden

I don't know how extensively engraving is covered for the 1910 specifically but there are photos of factory engraved presentation models.

A quick search of www.gunsinternational.com brought up this page ....

http://www.gunsinternational.com/results.cfm?cid=549

If you're doing custom engraving, then it really doesn't matter what you engrave on it - at least the engraved Brownings on that site will give you some ideas.

Good luck,

Chris
Old 01-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Steel

Thanks Jroettger, these pic is not my pistol, this is a sample I get on internet, mine is blue finish and its in almost mint condition! Ill post some pic tomorrow, and maybe the process to engrave, hope the finish will similar to these pic!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Steel

Hi WV. Great site! I get some more samples from it, and of course I the site because its an exelent source of reference!
I know about custom engraving style, but I want to get some reference about the styleto match the gun, I mean its an european gun, 1910 design, etc, then the scroll style, the background, even the way to engrave around the lettering affect the final design, but of course, as you said, I will put some personal in the design, if not will look like a fotocopy when finished.
Thank you very much for your help.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Copper

You might also look for pics of a Remington Mdl 51. They are the same gun with basically badge engineering.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Platinum

Alberto,
Being a Browning Employee I would think that I should be able to come up with something that may help you. I will look around and ask some of the guys at work if they know of anything that may help. Give me a few days and I will get back with you.
Rich
Old 01-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Platinum

Alberto,
I found a couple of patterns for you that you
May be interested in. I will scan them for you tonight and post them here.
Rich
Old 01-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Platinum

Alberto,
I have the smoke lifts that I spoke to you about and I've been having real issues trying to get them posted. First I've been getting losing Internet connection and now for some reason I can't import the pictures "insert images not working". I am going to have to try again tomorrow. Maybe a new day will bring better luck. At least I have a head start. I have them scanned and imported into photobucket so all I need to do now is get them posted here.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Hi Rich, There is new software installed that makes it easier to post pictures by attaching them to a post. You can use the method with photobucket still but there is an easier way. This link describes it and also describes about making your own photo albums wihin the forum.
http://www.handengravingforum.com/showthread.php?t=2681

To attach a file (picture) to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

Steve
EngravingArtist.com
Old 02-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Steel

Hi Rich. Im very anxious to see these patterns!!! in case you cant post here please send them to me: aalv2003@adinet.com.uy

Thank you very much in advance!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Steel

This is the browning Im planning to engrave... looking for engraved samples, and looking for some big, thick piece of mother of pearl to make MOP grips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5199.jpg (36.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 02-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Platinum

Alberto,
I have been extremely busy so let me apologize for the delay. I give thanks to Steve for the assistance. So Let me try this again.
pp .250001.jpg

pp .250002.jpg

pp .250003.jpg

I also apologize for the poor quality. I tried to fix them up a little but these pulls were made many, many years ago. I believe you may be able to piece them together.

Two of these are the gold line models that use two different colors of gold. One being the standard 24 K and the other being the 18 K yellow. The other pattern is a Renaissance model. You may be able to find color pictures somewhere in the book references stated earlier in this thread by another engraver.

I hope I'm not too late and if not I hope this helps.
rich
Old 06-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Steel

Rich, my turn for apologize now!!! long time not entering here!!! thank you very much for these prints!!! quality its no problem, I can re sample and re drawing with photoshop, the important is the art reference... thats exactly I was looking for!!!

Thank you very much again.

Alberto.