Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Tutorials and Contests - Hand Engraving Forum > 2nd Tutorial Contest Submissions
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 12-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Platinum

Default The Winners of the Tutorials are...

Hi folks!

The submission phase of the tutorial contest has ended. The submission threads were locked at midnight last night to prevent further edits or updates past the deadline.

Now we need to find some winners, and I think you know the drill:
I've created three separate polls for each of the three categories: Most Improved, Most Informative, and Most Outstanding submission.

Each forum user is allowed to vote once in each category. All votes are anonymous, and the poll results as they are received can be viewed by anyone who has already voted. On Thursday, December 18th, polls will close and the authors of the threads with the most votes in each category will receive $700 towards a new Classic AirGraver, a Classic PalmControl, or a PalmControl upgrade!

Because voters are the judges, I would encourage everyone to review the contest rules, all of our fine submission threads, and the description and goals of each category before voting.

Vote for the Most Improved contestant here, the Most Informative submission here, and the Most Outstanding project here.

Good luck!

Kaitlin
Old 12-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Polls are open!

Polls for the tutorial contest are now closed! The winners are as follows:

With 24 votes, Paul is the winner of the
Most Improved Contestantcategory! These are his First, Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Entries. (Entries 1-3 in the previous contest, 4-5 in the current.)
With 16 votes, AirAmpis the winner of the
Most Informative Tutorial category! You can see his winning submission here.
With 20 votes, Brian is the winner of the
Most Outstanding Project category! His tutorial is here.

Paul, AirAmp, and Brian will each recieve $700 towards a new Classic AirGraver, Classic PalmControl, or Palmcontrol upgrade! Congrats, guys!

A big thanks also to everyone who submitted a tutorial, commented in the discussion threads, took part in the polls, or in any other way helped to make the contest successful-- I hope you all have had as much as fun as I have. The locked submission threads will remain here, hopefully acting as an archive of information for the forum community.

Kaitlin
Old 12-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Default Re: The Winners of the Tutorials are...

Congratulations guys!!

Thank you to all the contestants!

Steve
EngravingArtist.com
Old 12-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Platinum

Hi All,

Thank you for all your votes and all the other entry threads in this 2Nd Contest/ Tutor.

I am honored to have been the winner in the most informative portion of the most recent contest tutor.

I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed posting it. Maybe can take some information for yourself that will be useful in the future.

I know I have learned quite a bit from the forum and from Bryan Bridges and I am pleased to have been able to have given something back.

There were many great entries so thanks for all the additional information and tutors of the other participants.

Congratulations to Brian and Paul. Well done.

I hope my tutor will help beginners in the future.

I would like to thank Steve and Kaitlin for running a great Tutor/Contest and all there work and generosity.

Have a Very Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year.:santa:

Sincerely,

AirAmp
Dr. Michael F. Showah D.C.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Platinum

Congratulations to the winners and all the contestants. You have all helped make this forum one the greatest resources of our beloved art. May you all have a blessed Christmas, and the best of New Years.

May our not so loved Congress have the worst of itches in places where they may not scratch.

A special Thank You to Steve, for without you we would not have this forum, or the wonderful tools your special genius has created for us all!:banana_party:

gail :santa:
Old 12-20-2008, 03:19 PM

A special Thank You to Steve, for without you we would not have this forum, or the wonderful tools your special genius has created for us all!:banana_party:

gail :santa:[/QUOTE]

I second, third, and fourth that motion!
Old 12-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Platinum

Congrats to the winners!!

------

As a skeptic afflicted with chronic bouts of paranoia and hopeless negativeness ... I would have to agree with the above statement regarding Steve's perceived, genius status based on the indisputable fact that Steve makes all this stuff in his basement.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Steel

I wish to congratulate the other winners, and thank Steve and the forum members for your vote on most improved contestant.

I have a lot of fun posting, and I think I try harder when showing it to my peers, sometimes it feels I am not progressing at all, so its especially nice, with your votes that you think I have.

Thanking you all, This has made my Christmas

Yours Paul
Old 01-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Steel

Send a message via Yahoo to handengraverdave

Congratulations to the winners!!! Awesome jobs. I was looking at the tutorials and it amazes me how much time goes into the metal engraving. I work in glass but simply love the work you guys and gals are doing with metal. maybe I will do a tutorial on glass engraving. Anyways keep up the great work and enjoy your wins.

David