Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 07-19-2017, 11:54 AM
Copper

Smile Newbie from Holland

Hey everyone,

Let me introduce myself,
I'm a guy who is 24 years old from The Netherlands.

I attended on a school for gold & silversmithing for 1 year, unfortunatly I had to switch to a different form of study because of my ilness.
Eventually found a goldsmith where I could take private lessons and learn the basics of jewelry making (also exploring different techniques).
Since a couple lessons we've started to do some "Hand-push" engraving and I really like this technique.
Only thing that I can't afford are the Powertools for engraving so I will be only learning how to Hand-Push engraving.

Thank you so much for adding me to this forum!
Hopefully I can learn a lot from this forum as I already do from my "collection of books" that is getting to big for my room.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:47 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Newbie from Holland

Hi Creative Mind
Welcome To The Engraving Forum.
Dont see that as a problem but a blessing.
Many of us used to or started with palm push and hammer and chisel engraving ,which have been the most basic way first then the innovative air assisted airgravers came in.So you are on the right track and you will be proud of it later.
Just pursue what you are doing it is the best way to start off then hopefully learn H/Chisel.
You are cutting well and keep cutting soft metals for a start.Practice makes perfect
All the Best
SE
Old 07-26-2017, 12:42 PM
Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEngraver View Post
Hi Creative Mind
Welcome To The Engraving Forum.
Dont see that as a problem but a blessing.
Many of us used to or started with palm push and hammer and chisel engraving ,which have been the most basic way first then the innovative air assisted airgravers came in.So you are on the right track and you will be proud of it later.
Just pursue what you are doing it is the best way to start off then hopefully learn H/Chisel.
You are cutting well and keep cutting soft metals for a start.Practice makes perfect
All the Best
SE

SEngraver!

Like to work on copper a lot since it has a beautiful red shine to it, plus as you said it is very soft therefore easy on graving the piece.

Hope in the future I will be able to combine the engraving with the Chasing&Repousse that Im practicing
Old 07-27-2017, 04:25 PM
Administrator

EngravingArtist.com