Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 10-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Copper

Default First thing ive ever engraved

So as the title reads this is the first thing i've ever engraved, i know it does not look good, but i enjoyed doing it and i have a lot to learn. i need to learn how to smooth the background out better so that the engraving looks cleaner i think. this was done on a newer Nickel, using a Homemade 90 degree graver from a 1/8 HSS Drill Blank. I am using a Homemade Airgraver at the moment saving up to buy a PC setup with Templates. Its a bit embarrassing posting this Picture of my first engraving as i see so many talented people on here, but hey i'm learning and will take all the advise i can get. also i started sketching something i wanted to do on my Minimalist wallet at some point when i get comfortable enough to go for it. curious to see what you guys think.

Thanks,

Alberto
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Coin.jpg (33.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Engrave.jpg (41.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Engrave 2.jpg (28.2 KB, 0 views)