Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Lindsay AirGraver Info - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 04-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Platinum

Default The PalmControl is a magic wand!

Good day,

When I first put air to this marvel it did nothing so I picked it up and the magic began, I felt like it was alive, a stainless steel humming bird with its tiny heart fluttering in my hand. I’m showing you my first practice plate. I know I have butchered the poor thing but I had to show those who do not know about the PalmControl. I have had very little time using a universal tip on a push graver and I was trying not to make a mess with it. This is the first time I’ve used a power graver, the PalmControl changes everything, when I first tried it out after a few cuts I knew it would do anything so I designed and transferred this on a 2 inch square by 3/8th inch 1018 plate. The ribbon design is about 1/8th inch wide, I have made no adjustments to the PC, I’ve been so astounded by this little miracle. So if you are wondering if the PC can help, all I can say is yes, I believe it will make me an engraver in a fraction of the time it would ordinarily take, I feel like I’m on my way.

Bob
Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Platinum

Default Re: The PalmControl is a magic wand!

The Palm control is a Great, Great,Great Tool,for me the best in the market with great difference,it's worth each penny than it costs!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Gold

Indeed THIS tool is UNBEATABLE!!Enjoy!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Hi Bob, Very nice joy with the layout and cutting of the ribbon design.

Thank you for this nice post about the PC! I'm glad you're liking it!

Thanks you again! Steve
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgreen View Post
Good day,

When I first put air to this marvel it did nothing so I picked it up and the magic began, I felt like it was alive, a stainless steel humming bird with its tiny heart fluttering in my hand. I’m showing you my first practice plate. I know I have butchered the poor thing but I had to show those who do not know about the PalmControl. I have had very little time using a universal tip on a push graver and I was trying not to make a mess with it. This is the first time I’ve used a power graver, the PalmControl changes everything, when I first tried it out after a few cuts I knew it would do anything so I designed and transferred this on a 2 inch square by 3/8th inch 1018 plate. The ribbon design is about 1/8th inch wide, I have made no adjustments to the PC, I’ve been so astounded by this little miracle. So if you are wondering if the PC can help, all I can say is yes, I believe it will make me an engraver in a fraction of the time it would ordinarily take, I feel like I’m on my way.

Bob

Well on your way I'd say, you didn't butcher anything. That looks good, especially that confusing celtic stuff. Good job.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Platinum

Hello,

Thank you Steve and Tim it is kind of you to encourage me. I have completed what I have designed so far and thought I would show it, in the original post I clouded out the fleur-de-lis base I designed many years ago for stained glass because I was unsure if I was going to cut it, I’m not sure where I want to take it now, I must have been uninspired by the top as I apparently did not keep it. As you can see I cut the script it came out fairly well, at least I’m pleased enough with it not to hide it although it has a few obvious inconsistencies.

Bob
Old 04-07-2012, 03:20 AM
Platinum

Hi,
That is awesome !

I always suggest to members when they purchase tools they should ,if they can, they should buy the best.

You did just that.In the long run you will have no hassle and the tool will pay you back definitely for itself.

SE
Old 04-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Platinum

Send a message via Skype™ to Daniel Houwer

Congratulations on your purchase
That must a world of difference
Your first engraving looks wonderfull. Way better than my first scratches.
And your lettering (from what i can see) looks flawless.
Way to go Bob!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Platinum

Well Daniel,

This is number two, same size on copper and inked, shows all my flaws almost perfectly. I’ve been playing with the controls, I have the sensitivity a ½ turn counter clockwise it responds to the slightest touch. I like it like that but with too much power it can get away from me, all the cutting is done with the universal tip on carbalt. Learning to control this wonder is such a delight, I need more time to each day there is simply not enough. Thanks everyone for being so supportive, it is very much appreciated.

Bob
Old 04-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Platinum

Hi,

You are doing great !

SE