View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Platinum

Default Re: what prompted you to buy an AirGraver

I thought this could be a fun poll.

1.Why or what prompted you to buy an AirGraver?
If you don't own one yet, you can still have input, just explain the reasons that you would like one.

Precision and ease of use. I heard that the grs tools depend on springs that create an imbalance. Steves system is a constant flow of ease.

2.Besides the AirGraver, what other products would you like to see come from Lindsay Tool?

Tutorial on how to sharpen each templete. Maybe a dvd series from steve or members on this board. I thought Christan "basic technique for builino engraving" was a great instructional video.

3.Who has been the biggest influence in your life with regards to engraving, and why?

Phil coggan by far has been my biggest inspiration. His bulino work fascinates and amazes me with how detailed each of his projects are. His scroll work is organized and varies from each design he does and makes his scroll work stand out, basically its how i want to engrave.

4.What are your goals in engraving?
To explain this a little, I want what do you see yourself doing with your engraving in the future?
Making lots of money? Being a famous Master Engraver? Engraving guns? Jewelry? Making your own brand of knives? What???

My main goal is to live off engraving but not where i'm making millions. Just enough to sustain a healthy life style like Food, water, shelter... basically just living off-grid and engraving. I also would love to do my own line of knives like Ron Lake, Hoel, and johnson.

Tim