View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Why did you buy an AirGraver?

1) I don't have one yet, but the idea of a tool becoming an extension of my hand is just too good to be true. I have good hand-eye-foot control, but if I could eliminate just one step, it would be well worth it. Maybe in the future, unless Steve comes up with a apyment plan!

2) I'm sure anything Steve may come up with will be extraordinary!

3) I have a lot of people that have my most sincere thanks for their help along the way, some older and some more recent. First are my art teachers from grade school to the present for their encouragement and guidence in my endeavors to capture what I saw on any medium available. Then there are the early engravers such as Ray Phillips for his wonderful N-Grav-R tool and booklet, Robert Maki for his instruction by mail, Don Galser for his tools and videos, James Meek for his book, Rex Pedersen for his class at GRS, Ken Hurst for his valuable time and generosity to a struggling engraver and to Steve and Sam for their absolutely stunning forums. Without this and Sam's forum, I would be way too frustrated to continue with the art medium I have learned to love. It has now become my passion and I can't seem to get enough knowledge about engraving and its techniques. Thanks to all who have contributed here.

4) To become the best I can possibly be....and maybe sell a thing or two, but mostly I would like to leave a little something of myself for my grandchildren to admire and maybe get them to wonder just who Grandpa was and what made him tick. Maybe someone down my lineage will be inspired to work in the art themselves.