View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Platinum

Default Re: A Little Bit More Carving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Coggan View Post
The idea for this was developed weeks before a took delivery of the gun.
I new the gun was coming and I had carte blanche with the design etc. I new that the customer liked carving and gold, he also likes something very special on every gun.
Being one of the worlds biggest gun collector not only in modern guns but in antique guns, he has just about everything so coming up with something different was not an easy task.
Ideas come into ones mind when working on other projects, I remember thinking of putting gold in the deep areas between the carving, this has been done many times before with bead punching but I have never seen the gold lined, but I probably will from now on!

The actual design drawing for the two sides and bottom usually takes me no more than two days, three at the most, with the other parts, I usually draw them straight on.

Here's the original drawing for the base of the action. At the moment i'm working on a H&H double rifle with buffalo, elephant and rhino scenes.

Phil

finally. Its just nice to see how you conceptualize each project. I love seeing your work phil. I just have a very small favor... Is there anyway i can see any of your bulino work close up? I look at your realistic characters on your work and i just can't imagine how you engrave that into the steel? I would love to see some of those zoomed up.