View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Platinum

Send a message via AIM to Ray Cover Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Cover
Default Re: Lindsay PalmControl and the GRS Airtact Palm touch

Well Tom,

I was going to keep my mouth shut on this matter or at least keep my conversation between Steve and myself. But since Tom opened the subject I will give my 2 cents.

I was very dissapointed to see this airtact come from GRS. There was a time when GRS seemed to be a progressive and creative company that was a leader in the engraving tool industry. I used their tools for years with success.

But this is not the progressive creative act of a company who is confident and in a leadership position in the industry. It is a desparate knee jerk reaction of of folks who are afraid they cannot keep up without copying the creative ideas of their competition. At least that is what it looks like from my perspective. GRS is no longer the leader. They have just become a follower.

I am not enough of an engineer or a lawyer to know for sure if they violated Steve's patent or not, but they have lost a ton of my respect. It makes me want to no longer buy anything from them.

To me this is no different than one artist copying another artist work rather than creating their own.

That puts me in a real delima. You see one of the tenants that my school is built on is... that I will have everyone's equipment here for students to try. The idea is it will give folks the chance to compare head to head the tools that are on the market so they can find what works best for them before taking the plunge.

Maybe I should go ahead and buy one so people can compare it to Steve's. If the performance gap is as wide as Tom states then my students deserve to see that for themselves.

I know this seems a little more harsh than most of you are used to seeing from me. It is my heartfelt feelings on the matter. You are welcome to disagree with me. If you do please do so with respect and within the guidelines of the forum rules.

Ray Cover

http://learningtoengrave.com/