Thread: New studio
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 05:20 AM
Platinum

Default The last painting

Thank you Brandon, I am truly enjoying my life. Here are some pix, a painting, and some of my recent thoughts.
The city of Sarzana hosts an event each year since 1958 that is called “La Soffitta nella Strada”, which translates to,” The Attic in the Street”. It is as if the whole area comes together of a very large antique, art and unusual item garage sale. This fifteen day event draws collectors, browser´s, and tourists from every corner of the globe.
I am fortunate to live very close by, and have spent time browsing the many narrow cobblestone streets and alley ways. Last night as I was exploring, I suddenly realized that much of the items for sale at very cheap prices were some wonderful oil painting s. It was then that I knew that my painting efforts would one day become items for sale in the street... this is the reason that I have decided to make this my last painting and turn my creative energies to writing as a hobby. At least my words will not be displayed on a table for sale, and those who read them can easily read or delete as they choose.
Thank you all for looking
Joseph Engraver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg antiques Sarzana 001.jpg (63.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg antiques Sarzana 002.jpg (77.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg antiques Sarzana 003.jpg (81.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg antiques Sarzana 004.jpg (93.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg antiques Sarzana 005.jpg (89.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg antiques Sarzana 006.jpg (51.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg antiques Sarzana 007.jpg (49.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg antiques Sarzana 008.jpg (103.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg antiques Sarzana 010.jpg (78.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg antiques Sarzana 011.jpg (68.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BEACH BASKETS by Joseph.jpg (64.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg unfinished Boats by Joseph Engraver.jpg (61.5 KB, 0 views)