View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Steel

Default Re: what prompted you to buy an AirGraver

Hello everyone. I have only been at this for a year or so, I had a work accident 4 years ago this month that left me with a severe back injury. I have to spend my days watvhing tv or surfingm the web. I became interested in engraving after coming across some fantastic guns that had the most beautiful engraving scenes on them. I have some artistic ability, drawing and watercolor painting but I have not done any work for years, lost interest. Engraving seemed to be a good fit for me so I bought the h&c stuff and started hacking away, believe me my 1 st efforts are described accuratly. All the while I was reading everything on thi and other forums,and I did the research on the grs stuff but the Lindsey stood out above the rest. I saved my pennies and bought an Artisan, I was in love when I took it out of the case. My dad was a mechanic and of course I helped in the shop from age 11,he aways bought the best tools and he always said that there is no substitute for quality, and I know a great tool when I see one. I give credit to everyone who contributes to this forum for influence, you all are great for sharing your knowledge so shelflishly. Thanks to Steve and that wonderfull tool I am notafraid to show my work to anyone nowadays. I hope to one day to be considered a good engraver, and maybe earn a little cash to boot.:Thankyou all[1]:
Chris