View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Gold

Default Re: what prompted you to buy an AirGraver

My story starts when I was taking a on-line class from Montgomery college in engraving. While we all were on line one night talking about our problems in engraving Steve Lindsay came on to answer any questions we had. I stayed in contact with him and bought one of the beginning gravers called the "Chasing". Mine was number 42. Yes he numbered them back then. I went to visit Steve at his shop at a later date and as we were talking he made me promise not to say anything to anybody about what he was about to show me. Steve pulled out of his pocket a tool that did not take a foot pedal to operate it. I say "it" because you see this thing did not have a name yet. He did a demo with it but as all demos go it didn't work to well HA. But I could see that this was pretty special. I had to have it but of course it was not for sale yet. It is like putting a peice of candy on the table and you are told you can't have it. Later Steve needed a name for this tool so a contest was held to name the "it". Steve can correct me but I think a guy in England won a classic for comeing up with "palm control" name. Yes engravers named this great tool. Again Steve thanks for making engraving a little easier to do. Jack