View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Platinum

Default Re: what prompted you to buy an AirGraver

With me it was the need to do some repairs to my other equipment. Throw money into older equipment and hope it brings it up to the level you want. Could be like a dog chasin it's tail. Go round and round spending who knows how much and still not have what your lookin for. I stumbled onto Steve's site several years ago. At that time it was the engraving that caught my eye. Later as time past and after reading about his airgraver my interest kept growing and curiosity really took over. Could this one little tool that sits in the palm of your hand truly replicate what others needed a complete system to accomplish. More reading looking at Air Graver users work WOW!! But in the back of my mind we all know It's not the baseball bat that makes you a great hitter or a pool Que that makes you a shark. It's really the talent that's behind the instrument, the layout, and the thought put into the work. I probably will never have the talent I have seen on this forum. But this forum has certainly advanced my abilities.
Now back to the question at hand. What I was using was not working as well as it should. The wife was tired of me complaining and said to just get what was needed to fix it. The company intro'd a new system. That alone answered the question that had bothered me for years. If you need to copy another business' product why not just buy the "ORIGINAL". Simple isn't it.
Oh and I do believe having the best tools you can afford certainly helps ones work. :thumbsup: