View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Carl Bleile engraving with NEW PICTURES template tool & Lindsay Artisan

Paul,

I will try to answer since I don't think my brother is participating in forums for the time being.

First it is difficult to answer your question because you have not told us anything about your level of training and experience at hand engraving. Also you haven't said if you want the tool for stone setting, gun engraving or a whole list of other specialties.

If you are highly experienced with burin or H&C and looked to do advanced work straight away I would say you need to get the Classic or PC.

If however you are a beginner, there is nothing you will be doing for a long time that can't be done with the Artisan.

Consider that many of today's top engraver's first power tools were the GraverMeister or MagnaGraver. Some splendid work was done with those tools and neither of them match up to the Artisan. If I had an Artisan in the 1970's I would have thought I had gone to heaven.

I probably haven't answered your question completely but you will have to give a little (information) to get any more.

Good luck,

Roger Bleile